The PRX612M from JBL is one of the most user friendly speakers in the PRX range, it is powerful, stylish, lightweight, and built to last. The 12" speaker still deliver an impressive 1000watts of power and can cater for audience up to 100 people, more if a sub is added.
The JBL PRX612M is the most compact and versatile active powered speaker in the PRX600 Series. It has been designed to deliver maximum performance for its weight and size as both a stage monitor and a front of house main PA. Two user selectable EQ settings are provided to optimize the system for either application. With a dual socket pole mount the PRX612M is a perfect match with a PRX618S subwoofer, offering a high performance self-powered sub/sat system.
The PRX612M is comprised of a 305 mm (12in) 265F Differential Drive woofer, a 2408H-1, 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90-degree by 50-degree horn, all driven by 1000 watt (dual 500 watt) Crown Class-D digital power amplifier. A propriety DSP chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or 1/4-inch inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and limiter lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
- Maximum SPL 134db peak
- Dual purpose enclosure for both front-of house and floor monitor applications
- Eight M10 fly points for horizontal or vertical suspension. One M10 pull-back point
- Optimized EQ for monitor or front-of-house applications
- 305mm (12 in) Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- 37.5mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium, compression driver
- 1000 Watt (Dual 500 watt) Class-D, Crown amplifier
- DSP input section, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- Professional XLR line and 1/4-inch Mic/Instrument inputs, with loop through
- Dual-angle pole mount socket
For full product details and specifications please visit the JBL website