The RMX-1000 serves up all the possibilities of studio effects and beatboxes, with the added physicality of pro-DJ equipment. Intuitive performance interfaces from Pioneer’s flagship mixers and effectors – such as the DJM-2000’s Isolator FX, the DJM-900nexus’s X-Pad and the EFX-1000’s multiple FX chaining – have been evolved and brought together into one unit.
Simplifying these concepts even further, the RMX-1000 uses intuitive DJ controls to manipulate several parameters in macro. Each effect has been designed to work in a totally unique way with the interface, for results previously only possible with hours of studio automation or robot-like performance skills.
While the unit is incredibly simple to operate, DJs can still create a totally unique sound with Pioneer’s remixbox™ editing software. remixbox™ allows DJs to completely customise the RMX-1000 hardware to their own performance style and load it up with their own banks of samples.
And, by saving their settings to an SD card, DJs can effectively take their own personalised DJ rig with them wherever they perform. Plus, Pioneer plans to upload internationally renowned DJs’ settings and samples to its website so DJs can give themselves a head start.
Using the RMX-1000 as a USB controller for the included RMX-1000 VST and AU plug-ins gives DJs the same hands-on feel they get with studio DJ mixes, to breath new life into studio productions and save them from hours of editing.
- The Scene FX wheel allows DJs to build up and break down tracks by combining ten types of effects.
- Use the top section to build with effects like Noise, Echo and Spiral Up or the bottom section to break down, cutting sounds with Crush Echo, Spiral Down or Reverb Down.
- Twist the central knob to move from Wet to Dry to add pitch and intensity to the effect that’s in play.
- Plus, two sub-parameter dials allow DJs to manipulate the Time and Resonance parameters for even more character.
- Inherited from Pioneer’s high-end DJM-1000 mixer, RMX-1000’s isolators allow DJs to change the main audio input rhythm and timbre using hi-mid and low-frequency bands.
- Plus, three effects are loaded into the dials for even more flexibility: Cut/Add, Trans/Roll and Gate/Drive.
X-Pad with exclusive Pitch control
- DJs will be itching to get their fingers on the RMX-1000’s intuitive X-Pad. Evolved from Pioneer’s flagship mixer, the DJM-900nexus, the touch-sensitive X-Pad reaches new levels of ingenuity on the RMX-1000.
- DJs can instantly get involved with the unit’s drum samples by tapping the individual sample buttons (Kick, Snare, Clap and Hi-Hat), or by using the X-Pad to roll (repeat) the samples at different speeds.
- DJs can record their own beats and patterns on the fly by switching on Overdub, then use Roll and Mute to manipulate each sample in a variety of impressive combinations.
- The Quantize button snaps each tap of the sample pads to the nearest beat, so DJs always sound on time.
- And for truly unique performances, DJs can add up to 16 samples across the four sample banks, which they can instantly trigger and manipulate during live performance.
- For unprecedented flexibility on the fly, DJs can edit the sample banks through remixbox and even alter them during play.
- And, as if that wasn’t enough, the RMX-1000’s exclusive Pitch knob alters the pitch to add even more character to each repeated beat.
- The DJ’s get-out-of-jail-free card, the Release FX allows DJs to elegantly and seamlessly exit complex effect combinations and return to the original track. µ
- Three modes with three customisable speeds – Spin Back, Echo and Break – allow DJs to choose exactly how they want to return to normal play.
- For even more flexibility, DJs don’t have to exit totally from the engaged effect; they can come partially out and go back in by manipulating the highly sensitive Release switch. Or they can cut the original track out completely so just the engaged effects are heard.